Labels
- Animation (1)
- Contacts with Industry (1)
- fair (1)
- fashion (1)
- handmade (1)
- hopes fears and opportunities (2)
- Illustration's digital future (1)
- inspiration (1)
- market (1)
- motivation (1)
- PDP (1)
- PDP part 1 (13)
- PDP part 2 (12)
- personal (10)
- photography (1)
- Portfolio visits (3)
- Research (5)
- shoots (1)
- vintage (2)
- Visits (11)
- Website Research (1)
- Work (13)
Followers
Saturday, 5 November 2011
Salford Zine Library
11:11 |
Edit Post
I visited the Salford Zine Library today! There were loads of beautiful zines and I had a lovely time flicking through the ones that caught my eye (if I'd read them all I would have been there for days!) It was really nice to see lots of different art styles and topics in one place, and obviously it was exciting seeing my own work! (Not that I even noticed it, Chris pointed it out first)



I wrote down a few names of people whose zines were my favourites, one of which was Lottie Pencheon. Lottie is an illustrator and printmaker from Macclesfield who studied at the University of Salford. Below are a page from one of the zines she entered and a menu she illustrated for Night & Day cafe, in Manchester. She clearly loves cats! I think her prints (using lino cuts, I think!) are just gorgeous. I love lino cut prints because I love the messy, handmade quality you get when you use them. I think everything should have that small area of imperfection.


Another set of zines which were awesome were by Girls get busy, a feminist collective that make a monthly zine. They were wonderfully made and they were really interesting because I've been studying a lot of feminism for my journal, the zines really intertwine with what I've been writing about.
I'm not going to go on about all the zines I liked because it would just go on forever but again, it was really nice seeing my work alongside others such as Philippa's, Lisa's and Emma's.
Today I also visited the Manchester Craft and Design centre. I am ashamed to say I've never been because I didn't know where it was.. However I thought it was brilliant and I'm planning to go and pester a few people with my portfolio, I found there were some designers that were really relevant to my work so hopefully some will be willing to talk to me! Fingers crossed.
I wrote down a few names of people whose zines were my favourites, one of which was Lottie Pencheon. Lottie is an illustrator and printmaker from Macclesfield who studied at the University of Salford. Below are a page from one of the zines she entered and a menu she illustrated for Night & Day cafe, in Manchester. She clearly loves cats! I think her prints (using lino cuts, I think!) are just gorgeous. I love lino cut prints because I love the messy, handmade quality you get when you use them. I think everything should have that small area of imperfection.


Another set of zines which were awesome were by Girls get busy, a feminist collective that make a monthly zine. They were wonderfully made and they were really interesting because I've been studying a lot of feminism for my journal, the zines really intertwine with what I've been writing about.
I'm not going to go on about all the zines I liked because it would just go on forever but again, it was really nice seeing my work alongside others such as Philippa's, Lisa's and Emma's.
Today I also visited the Manchester Craft and Design centre. I am ashamed to say I've never been because I didn't know where it was.. However I thought it was brilliant and I'm planning to go and pester a few people with my portfolio, I found there were some designers that were really relevant to my work so hopefully some will be willing to talk to me! Fingers crossed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment