Labels
- Animation (1)
- Contacts with Industry (1)
- fair (1)
- fashion (1)
- handmade (1)
- hopes fears and opportunities (2)
- Illustration's digital future (1)
- inspiration (1)
- market (1)
- motivation (1)
- PDP (1)
- PDP part 1 (13)
- PDP part 2 (12)
- personal (10)
- photography (1)
- Portfolio visits (3)
- Research (5)
- shoots (1)
- vintage (2)
- Visits (11)
- Website Research (1)
- Work (13)
Followers
Monday, 2 April 2012
Jessica Dance
05:49 |
Edit Post
I found out about the work of Jessica Dance at Pick Me Up, where
some of her cushions were displayed in the shop/galleries. Unfortunately she
wasn't there to talk to at the time, which is a real shame because since
finding out more about her, I'm extremely interested in her work.
Jessica Dance is a set designer and image maker who specialises in
creating hand-crafted sets, props and accessories. What I love the
most about her is how incredibly versatile she is! When I first saw her cake
cushions at Pick Me Up, I thought they were lovely, but after looking into the
rest of her portfolio on her website, I'm just astounded at the level of
different things she's accomplished.
Jessica has worked with some HUGE names in fashion, including
Mulberry and Selfridges. Mulberry’s S/S collection props really caught my eye
this year with their Brighton Rock campaign, obviously I loved this because of
the enormous ice creams and sweets in the campaign, and also the way it tied
into the pastel trend. Jessica was commissioned to create bespoke cake cushions
for the Mulberry head office, which again tied into their campaign.
Another aspect of Jessica’s portfolio that I adore is the short
films and animations. Jessica collaborated with animators and directors for
most of these projects and again the best part of them is that they’re all so
diverse. My favourite is ‘Couture Creatures’
I definitely aspire to have this level of drive and creativity
after I graduate. The worst thing I could do (in my eyes) would be to carry on
working at Assembly, picking up more hours and not being creative in my extra
time. I have plans to go into a studio after I finish, so I’m hoping to use
that time to promote myself, do as many projects as physically possible without
any money (probably!) and just really try to expand everything that I can do.
Here is Jessica's blog
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment